Academic Research | Art & Music | Automotive | Biography & History | Books & Literature | Business & Investments | Consumer Information & Legal | ebooks | Education & School Resources | En Español | Genealogy | General Research | Geography | Grants | Health | Hobbies & Crafts | Language Learning | Newspapers
– Funded through the State Library of Kansas
- Academic Search Premier Scholarly multi-disciplinary research database.
- Agricola Research agricultural information dating back to 1970. Contains records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Library.
- Applied Science & Technology Abstracts Contains indexing and abstracts for nearly 800 core English-language, scientific and technical publications back to 1983.
- General Reference Center A general interest database that integrates a variety of sources in one easy-to-use interface. Use General Reference Center to find articles from magazines, reference books, and newspapers, many with full-text and images.
- Library Literature & Information Science Index Provides cover-to-cover indexing of over 400 journals, including key library and information science periodicals. Subjects include automation, cataloging, censorship, circulation procedures, classification, copyright legislation, government aid, library associations and conferences, library equipment and supplies, personnel administration, preservation of materials, and more. Coverage reaches as far back as 1980.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) Indexes more than 560 core journals, nearly 50 priority journals, and nearly 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection Is a comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world’s largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection Provides extensive coverage of such topics as world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy. With more more than 300 full text journals, the Religion & Philosophy Collection is an essential tool for researchers and students of theology and philosophical studies.
- Art Abstracts is a comprehensive resource for art information featuring high-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals dating back to 1984, including 280 peer-reviewed journals, as well as indexing and abstracting of over 13,000 art dissertations, and indexing of almost 200,000 art reproductions, which provide examples of styles and art movements, including works by emerging artists.
- Art Full Text is a comprehensive resource for art information featuring full-text articles from more than 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, high-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals dating as far back as 1984, including 280 peer-reviewed journals, as well as indexing and abstracting of over 13,000 art dissertations. Indexing of almost 200,000 art reproductions provides examples of styles and art movements, including works by emerging artists.
- Freegal The Freegal Music Service is a download music service sold to Libraries for free use by its registered cardholders.
- Auto Repair Reference Center Find auto repair information for your late model car, truck, or van.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center Search information about all terrain vehicles, generators, marine/boat motors, motorcycles, outdoor power equipment, and more.
- American History – ABC-CLIO
Choose this link for American History resources for the scholar, student, teacher, and librarian in universities and secondary schools.
- Biography for Beginners Narrative histories, glossaries, timelines, and illustrations
- Biography in Context – Gale Group
Search for people based on one or more personal facts such as birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation, or gender.
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750 This new bibliographic database is a valuable index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in European works that relate to the Americas. EBSCO Publishing, in cooperation with the John Carter Brown Library, has created this resource from “European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe Relating to The Americas, 1493-1750,” the authoritative bibliography that is well-known and respected by scholars worldwide. The database contains more than 32,000 entries and is a comprehensive guide to printed records about the Americas written in Europe before 1750.
- History Reference Center Offers full text from more than 1,620 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for more than 150 leading history periodicals, nearly 57,000 historical documents, more than 78,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 113,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video.
- Military & Government Collection Designed to offer current news pertaining to all branches of the military and government, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals, and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites. The Military & Government Collection provides cover-to-cover full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals and indexing and abstracts for more than 400 titles.
- Sanborn Maps – Proquest
Digital Sanborn Maps, 1867-1970 provides digital access to most Kansas towns.
- World History in Context For middle and high school students, full-text scholarly articles, primary sources, mages, maps and charts. Over 1800 primary sources and 27 reference titles.
- Book Collection: Nonfiction Contains informative abstracts and searchable full text for more than 4,100 popular nonfiction books. The database includes full text entries on core subject areas, as well as information on careers, health, sports, adventure, technology, life skills and more. Click here for a complete title list.
- Literature Resource Center – Gale
Literature Resource Center provides access to biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of authors from every age and literary discipline.line.
- Non-fiction Connection Make nonfiction recommendations with ease and confidence with the first readers’ advisory resource dedicated to nonfiction. Search for similar titles to a book you enjoy or browse by subject. Use the combined search to simultaneously recommend fiction and nonfiction titles!
- Novelist Plus Locate authors and titles of interest. In addition, three powerful search techniques allow readers to look for books by entering descriptive terms that appear in subject headings, reviews, and other fields in the title records.
- WorldCat FirstSearch WorldCat is the world’s largest network of library content and services.
- Zinio Enjoy all your favorite magazines, anytime and anywhere.
- Business Decision Empowers local businesses with data, reports, and maps used by the nation’s leading companies.
- Business Insights: Essentials Great resource on businesses and industry information.
- Business Source Premier The industry’s most used business research database, providing full text for more than 2,300 journals, including full text for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed titles. This database provides full text back to 1886, and searchable cited references back to 1998. Business Source Premier is superior to the competition in full text coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. This database is updated daily on EBSCOhost.
- D&B’s Million Dollar Database The D&B Million Dollar Database spans all industries and business, providing vital information on over 1.6 million companies with sales of one million dollars or more, or 20+ employees, or branches with 50+ employees.
- Reference USA Search for companies in the United States by size, geographically, and by type of business. Also find Telephone numbers for those businesses.
- Regional Business News This database provides comprehensive full text coverage for regional business publications. Regional Business News incorporates coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Small Business Reference Center Search business areas, find information by business type, learn about business basics, and more.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center Morningstar Investment Research Center helps you make smart investment decisions. Find a stock or fund to meet your needs, research current or prospective holdings, or see how your investments fit together.
- Plunkett Research Online Market research, industry statistics, trends and in-depth analysis of top companies.
- Value Line Online version of the popular print resource.
- Consumer Reports.org Expert unbiased product ratings and reviews
- Kansas Legal Services Free Legal Forms Kansas Legal Services provides forms as a service to low income Kansans and to assist overburdened Kansas courts.
- Legal Collection This database contains full text for more than 250 of the world’s most respected, scholarly law journals. Legal Collection is an authoritative source for information on current issues, studies, thoughts and trends of the legal world.
- LegalForms Provides a wide selection of Kansas-specific (and multi-state) legal forms across the most popular legal areas. Includes real estate contracts, wills, pre-marital agreements, bankruptcy, divorce, landlord tenant and many others. Also included are a comprehensive attorney state directory and a dictionary of legal definitions explained in laymen’s language.
- LegalTrac – Gale
Use this database to find articles in all major law reviews, law journals, specialty law and bar association journals and legal newspapers. Included are articles on Federal and State Cases, Laws and Regulations, Legal Practice, and Taxation.
- BookFlix Listen and read storybooks, e-books, videos, games, and more for grades pre-K through 3.
- OverDrive The Library has ebooks and digital audibooks for your enjoyment. Now you can browse and search hundreds of great titles and download them to your computer, transfer them to a portable device, or burn onto a CD for your reading and listening pleasure anywhere, anytime.
- TumbleBooks for Kids TumbleBooks for Kids contains a collection of animated, talking picture ebooks suited for elementary school children. Read aloud and read along ebooks for your computer or mobile device. No software or login required.
- Education Abstracts Provides indexing and abstracts for more than 680 periodicals and yearbooks, dating as far back as 1983. Books on education published after 1995 are also indexed. Subject coverage includes adult education, multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods and much more.
- ERIC Education Resource Information Center, contains more than 1.3 million records and links to more than 323,000 full-text documents dating back to 1966.
- LearningExpress Library Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library’s resources will help you succeed. Each of the Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life.
- MAS Ultra Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines. MAS Ultra – School Edition also provides more than 360 full text reference books, 85,670 biographies, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 510,000 photos, maps & flags, color PDFs and expanded full text backfiles (back to 1975) for key magazines.
- Middle Search Plus Provides full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays. Middle Search Plus also contains 84,774 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents, and a School Image Collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Primary Search Provides full text for more than 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles), and full text information dates as far back as 1990.
- Professional Development Collection Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 520 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports. Professional Development Collection is the most comprehensive collection of full text education journals in the world.
- Teacher Reference Center Provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
Treehouse is an online interactive education platform that offers classes in markup languages such as HTML and CSS, creative software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, programming languages such as PHP, ASP and more.
- Fuente Académica Más de 450 revistas científicas de América Latina, Portugal y España. Todas las materias principales están cubiertas con especial énfasis en la agricultura, ciencias biológicas, economía, historia, derecho, literatura, filosofía, psicología, administración pública, religión y sociología. La base de datos se actualiza semanalmente.
- Mango for Libraries Aprendizaje de idiomas, incluye ingles para hispanohablantes.
- MedicLatina Una colección única de la investigación médica y revistas de investigación de renombrados editores latinoamericanos y españoles. Esta base de datos en español contiene el texto completo de 130 revistas especializadas de medicina en español nativo.
- African-African History & Genealogy
Explore African American history, culture and experience from the 16th through 20th centuries. Database includes 270 U.S. newspapers chronicling a century and a half of the African American experience from more than 35 states.
- Ancestry Library Edition Ancestry Library Edition is the most comprehensive online source of information for conducting genealogical and local history research available.
- America’s Obituaries The largest and most comprehensive newspaper collection of obituaries and death notices with an easy-to-use interface. Search by name, date range, or text such as residence, occupation, hobbies, family members, or other personal information. Part of the Arthur J. Carruth Newspaper Collection
- Fold 3 (Footnote History and Genealogy Archives)
Provides an unprecedented collection of original historical documents and personal histories, many of which have never before been offered online. This database offers a vast, growing array of valuable and unique content consisting of over 60 million pages of historical documents, including millions of records available from a content partnership with the National Archives and other institutions.
- Genealogy ConnectCollection of nearly 600 genealogy research and reference publications in searchable PDF format.
- HeritageQuest Online – Proquest
Includes family histories, genealogical serials, local histories. Resources on towns and families from all 50 states as well as Canada and the British Isles.
- Computer Source Provides researchers with the latest information and current trends in high technology. This database offers full text for nearly 300 publications and indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 publications.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online Public Library Edition
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- GreenFILE Well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- MasterFILE Premier – Ebsco
This database features: 5,000 full text Magill Book Reviews, 390 reference and travel books including the World Almanac & Book of Facts 2001; full text from 84,074 biographies, 86,132 full text primary source documents, American Heritage Dictionary, 4th Edition and an Image Collection of 107,135 photos, maps and flags. MasterFILE Premier offers PDF backfiles as far back as 1975 for key publications including American Libraries, Foreign Affairs, History Today, Judaism, Library Journal, National Review and Natural History.
- Newspaper Source Plus : Access full articles from over 850 newspapers. This database now includes transcripts of television and radio news.
- Readers Guide Retrospective Subjects Covered: Aeronautics, African-Americans, Aging, Archeology, Astronomy, Automobiles, Biographies, Business, Children, Education, Environment, Fashion, Film, Fine Arts, Food, Foreign Affairs, Gardening, Health, History, Hobbies, Home, Journalism, Leisure Activities, Literature, Medicine, Music, News, Nutrition, Photography, Politics, Popular Culture, Radio, Religion, Science, Sports, Technology, Television, Travel. Readers’ Guide Retrospective is a database containing comprehensive indexing of the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States and reflects the history of 20th century America.
- Student Research Center Browse or search topics from current events to art to math. Includes biographies and images. See the Student Research Central (Middle – High School) or Research for Kids (Elementary) for more resources organized for youth.
- TOPICsearch Contains full text for over 150,961 articles from 475 diverse sources including international and regional newspapers, EBSCO’s unparalleled collection of periodicals, biographies, public opinion polls, book reviews, pamphlets, and government information.
- Vocational and Career Collection Designed for vocational and technical libraries servicing high schools, community colleges, trade institutions and the general public. This collection provides full text coverage for nearly 340 trade and industry-related periodicals.
- State Geography – ABC-CLIO
Find stories focusing on national and state events. Search for reference and curriculum resources by text, state, and/or category.
- United States Geography – ABC-CLIOThis interactive database helps students better understand the geographic, historic, social, political, cultural, and economic landscape of the United States, as well as the complexities underlying the challenges facing the nation and individual states.
- Foundation Directory Online The Foundation Directory Online provides information on over 78,000 U.S. foundations. In addition to all-known U.S. foundations, it features two categories of funders – direct corporate giving programs and grantmaking public charities. It is an excellent tool for persons searching for grants.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online Find sources for scholarships, fellowships, grants, awards, and other financial support with the only online resource devoted exclusively to foundations that fund individuals! For assistance with this database find a library staff member.
- Alt HealthWatch This database focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- Consumer Health Complete A comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support patients’ information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. Consumer Health Complete provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. In addition, Consumer Health Complete includes the Clinical Reference System and the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which provides access to up-to-date, concise and clinically relevant drug monographs. The database is updated on a weekly basis.
- Health Reference Center Academic Academic health research. Created specifically for students, knowledgeable consumer health researchers and health care professionals, it integrates millions of articles from a wide range of full-text nursing and allied health journals, magazines, newsletters and select consumer health information sources with full-text reference works and hundreds of health-related multimedia.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. Health Source: Consumer Edition provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Medline Provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 5,400 current biomedical journals.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source – Proquest
Find complete, full-text information from leading nursing and related publications. Designed to meet the needs of researchers at health-care facilities as well as students enrolled in nursing programs at academic institutions.
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center Find information on arts and crafts, electronics and games, model building, needlecraft, and more.
- Mango for Libraries Courses in over 40 languages (basic & complete lessons available). Creating a username and password is optional, but doing so will allow you to pick up where you left off between learning sessions.
- Muzzy Muzzy is a comprehensive, interactive and fun way to learn a second language.
- Emporia Gazette Backfile Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded. Part of the Arthur J. Carruth Newspaper Collection
- Infotrac Newsstand (Gale)
Over 160 U.S. and international (English-language) newspapers. Search specific sections – e.g., business, lifestyle, sports – and retrieve full-text articles arranged by section.
- Kansas City Star Backfile Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded.
- Kansas City Star Image Edition
The electronic image edition of the Kansas City Star is an exact digital reproduction of the printed edition, with keyword searching and ability to browse the full publication. All pages, including advertising, photos and graphics are included.
- Lawrence Journal World Backfile Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded. Part of the Arthur J. Carruth Newspaper Collection
- Manhattan Mercury Backfile Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded.
- New York Times (Current) Coverage of the US newspaper of record. Offers superb coverage of national and international news, plus coverage of important speeches and documents, Supreme Court decisions and presidential press conference transcripts.
- New York Times – Historical Newspapers The complete run of the New York Times reproduced in cover-to-cover full-page image—from news stories and editorials to graphics and advertisements.
- Topeka Capital-Journal Backfile Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Due to archiving irregularities, the data contains some formatting inconstancies. Paid advertisements are excluded. This database is provided by the Arthur J. Carruth Newspaper Collection.
- Web News EBSCO’s News Harvester provides near real-time access to thousands of top news feeds from around the globe. These feeds are monitored by EBSCO and relevant results are provided when users enter searches in EBSCOhost. This collection includes over 5,000 feeds across a range of business and general news topics.
- Wichita Eagle Backfile Complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded.