- Customers with a valid library card may use computers in the library for up to three (3) hours each day.
- All of our computers are managed by software to ensure everyone has fair and equal access to library computers.
- When you log in to a computer with your library card barcode and PIN, the computer keeps track of time for you. You may use up to 3 hours per day (all at once, or in several sessions). An on-screen timer will help you keep track of your available time.
- Anytime you are asked for your barcode you need to enter all 14 digits without any spaces. Your PIN is a 4 digit number. Forgot your PIN?
- Public computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Certain computers are able to be reserved up to 7 days in advance (see next).
- We have study rooms and quiet spaces that you can reserve a computer for use.
- Public computers have Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome for web browsing, Picasa 3 for photo viewing, and Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). WinWay Resume software is installed on computers in the East and West wings.
- All residents within our reciprocal borrowing area are encouraged to apply for a TSCPL library card. Visitors to our library who are not eligible for a library card may obtain a guest pass at any service desk to access the computers for 3 hours. Guest passes are issued on an individual, daily basis.
- Catalog-only computers for searching for library materials are available throughout the library.
- Library cards are not transferable; each customer must use their own library card to access the computer.
- Read the Library’s computer use policy.
- Faxing costs $1 per page for local, toll free, and long distance numbers.
- The library is not able to receive faxes for patrons.
Scan letters, articles and photographs using one of our four document scanners.
Printing and Photocopies
- Black and white photocopies are 10¢ per page. Color photocopies are 50¢ per page.
- You must use your library card to make photocopies. The library does not have a coin-operated copy machine.
- Black and white computer prints are 10¢ per page. Color computer prints are 50¢ per page. First two black and white pages of computer printing each day are free.
- The printers and copy machines do not directly accept change or dollar bills. Customers use their library cards to pay for printing and copying.
- Add value to your account at any of the library check-out kiosks (accepts cash, coins, debit/credit cards).
- USB flash drives can be used with public computers.
- USB drives are available for purchase at the Customer Service Desk for $4 for a 512 MB (megabyte) device and $7.50 for a 2 GB (gigabyte) device.
- 3.5 inch floppy disks are supported; please ask to borrow a USB external floppy disk drive from the Service Desk.
- Speakers are not provided on public computers. Customers may bring their own headphones. Headphones are available for purchase at the Customer Service Desk for $2.
Wireless Internet Access
- The Library provides wireless internet access to everyone.
- When you are at the library locate “TSCPL-Public” in your Wi-Fi network listing on your laptop computer, tablet or phone. Click or tap the the “I Accept” button to connect to the Wi-Fi network. If you have questions, staff will be able to help on a limited basis.
- The library does not provide access to wireless printing. Instead, documents can be opened on a public computer to print.