Why would you want to pick up and read Library News? Here are 5 quick reasons:
- Read a story on how you can get up to 10 free books at the Friends Book Swap Bazaar in April 27 from 1–3pm when you trade your own books in. (Friends membership required)
- For the bride-to-be, the library is full of must-reads including expensive bridal magazines you can check out for free with your library card. What are you waiting for? Walk down our aisle before you walk down the aisle.
- Hear from artists Justin Marable, who’s sharing the bill with Juniper Tangpuz, in Consumed, an exhibit that opens April 5 at the Alice C. Sabatini Gallery. Read about how they use printmaking and sculpture to shine a light on land and energy consumption.
- This is a special edition because it includes the library’s annual report. Learn interesting and fun stories about the library and get your fill of stats on how and why people use their library.
- Computer classes, art exhibits and family friendly programming. Your complete library schedule is inside.
Library News is mailed to households with a library card in Shawnee County to inform them of the events, new services and collections they can check out. A downloadable pdf version of April/May Library News is also available.
Schedule Correction: The R.E.A.D. Dogs will not be at the library in May. They will be here in June and July on Sundays at 2pm.