Children’s lives are increasingly centered around a digital environment, and the library has many tools to help them, and you, access high-quality digital resources for homework help, learning on their own, ebooks, movies and other entertainment.
You and your child can access a wide range of online digital resources that can be used at home, school, or work at no cost using your library card. All resources work on a computer and most work on your tablet or other handheld device through apps. Below are a few highlighted resources.
Provides access to thousands of streaming videos including children’s television programs, educational programing, exercise videos, movies, and documentaries.
- Most content is over two years old and all content is rated PG-13 or less.
- The video can be streamed through your computer or downloaded to a tablet or other device using the Hoopla Digital app.
- Customers are limited to 10 items per month.
Easily learn over 40 different languages using this award winning online service. Mango is great for beginners or those just needing to brush up. It also offers 16 English as a second language courses to help non-native speakers learn quickly.
- Mango is completely online, with no software to download.
- Mango offers two course sets, a brief course designed for travels and a more in-depth course for those wanting to master the language.
- Use the Mango Languages app to learn on the go through your smartphone or tablet.
Get training on advanced computer technology with access to over 1,000 videos on variety of topics including web design and development, Android and Apple app creation, computer programing training, and more.
- Treehouse is for individuals over 13
- Many of the tutorials will require you to download specific software
OverDrive (Ebooks and Audiobooks)
OverDrive provides access to thousands of ebooks and digital audiobooks. Most people think of it only for adult ebooks, but our collection has fiction and non-fiction works for children and adults.
- Read or listen to materials on your computer or hand held devices.
- Items can be checked out for 21 days
- Users will never receive late fees on these materials, because items automatically stop working after the due date.
Tumblebooks is a wonderful resource that provides access to thousands of children’s read aloud and read along ebooks. Tumblebooks combines animated ebooks with reading features to provide children with a great
reading and learning experience.
- Read as many books as you like and it requires no software to download.
- Tumblebooks requires an active internet connection to work. There is no way to read Tumblebooks without an internet connection at this time.
Other Library Services
The Adventuremobile is our bookmobile for kids. Each week the Adventuremobile stops at schools to give children time to get new books or visit our weekly live animal exhibit.
The Oveson-Campbell Homework Center is a place for kids of all ages to get help on their homework assignments by trained professionals. It’s not a place for tutoring, but children can bring their stuff to the Center, and one of our helpers will coach them through the work for any subject, any level. They also can help kids find information for projects. The Center is open: Monday-Thursday, 4-8 p.m. & Sunday, 2-6 p.m.