The AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) has the following tips for keeping your pets safe in the summer:
1. Never leave you pet in the car
2. Keep your pet leashed when you go outside
3. Water, water everywhere
4. Pets need sunscreen, too
5. Say no to tangles
6. Watch out for antifreeze
7.Be cautious on humid days
8. Make sure your pet doesn’t overexert itself
9. Take it easy on pets that can’t deal with the heat
10. Bring them inside
11. Keep an eye out for heatstroke.
For more information on these tips, visit the AAHA website at:
To find books on the care of your pet, vist the Library’s Pet Neighborhood.