The Health Insurance Marketplace is open until March 31! Enroll now in a plan that covers essential benefits, pre-existing conditions, and more. Plus, see if you qualify for lower costs.
The Marketplace website, HealthCare.gov will be the primary tool for delivering information to Americans about their health coverage options.
What is the library doing to help?
The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library is partnering with the Shawnee County Health Agency to make Certified Application Counselors available to help consumers complete the online application for the Health Insurance Marketplace and compare insurance options.
Find local application assistance
Daytimes, Evenings and Weekends at the Library (except Tuesdays)
- Certified Application Counselors are available daytime, evening, and weekend hours for walk-in help and appointments during most of the hours the library is open from February 19, 2014 – March 31, 2014, except on Tuesdays.
- Beginning February 19th, look for the “Health Insurance Marketplace” sign and handouts on display across from the Check Out Desk at the library.
- Library staff cannot assist customers in completing the application or enrollment process, but can provide technology assistance in using the library’s public computers and printers.
Tuesday evenings at the Shawnee County Health Agency
The Shawnee County Health Agency, 1615 SW 8th, Topeka, will offer sessions with Certified Application Counselors and Navigators available to help you complete the online application for the Health Insurance Marketplace and compare insurance options. Spanish speaking interpreters will be available at these sessions.
- 4-6pm, every Tuesday evening in February and March 2014
Shawnee County Health Department
1615 SW 8th Ave, Topeka, KS
- Call Certified Navigator Paige Ashley at the Shawnee County Health Agency at 251-2136 to set up a time for assistance in completing Health Insurance Marketplace applications
Call Certified Navigator Angie Duncan at Valeo Behavioral Health Care at 785-783-3124 to set up a time for assistance in completing Health Insurance Marketplace applications.
You can also visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area.
Find answers to your questions
If you are a consumer and have specific questions about the Affordable Care Act, please visit www.healthcare.gov, the official Affordable Care Act website, for more information. To read more about state-wide healthcare information, visit insureks.org from the Kansas Insurance Department.
Telephone assistance for the Health Insurance Marketplace is available 24/7 at 1-800-318-2596
Some deadline dates for those wishing to obtain health insurance through the marketplace have been modified:
- If you sign up between Jan. 16-Feb. 15, 2014, your coverage will start March 1, 2014
- If you sign up between Feb. 16-March 15, 2014, your coverage will start April 1, 2014
- If you sign up between March 16-March 31, 2014, your coverage will start May 1, 2014
If not enrolled by March 31, 2014 you can only enroll under special circumstances such as, loss of job, divorce, birth of a child, etc.
This page updated 2/13/2014