Health Insurance Marketplace General Information
Open Enrollment for 2015 ended February 15, 2015. Certain life changes qualify for a special enrollment period.
The 2016 Open Enrollment Period for the Marketplace will start on November 1, 2015 and run through January 31, 2016.
One event will be offered at the library to assist people in enrolling for the 2016 Enrollment Period.
Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollapalooza
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Marvin Auditorium 101AB
- Learn about health insurance and find out if you qualify for discounts. Navigators from the Shawnee County Health Agency will be available to answer questions and enroll people in the Health Insurance Marketplace. Bring your 2016 estimated income and personal information of all family members.
Get help. You can sign up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at HealthCare.gov
You can also sign up in Spanish at CuidadoDeSalud.gov.
You can call 1-800-318-2596, any time, any hour, and a trained representative will help you enroll.
The Health Insurance Marketplace is the website for enrollment in a Qualified Health Plan; it also contains useful education and resource information.
InsureKS.org is a website developed by the Kansas Insurance Department to supplement the federal Health Insurance Marketplace. Consumers can use this site to estimate premiums, tax credits and view the plans available in their areas.
Local help with Health Insurance Marketplace Applications
- Paige C. Ashley, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, Shawnee County Health Agency, 1615 W. 8th Street, Topeka, KS 66606, (785) 251-2136
- Angie Duncan, Certified Navigator, Valeo Behavioral Health Care Benefit Specialist, 2401 SW. 6th Ave. Topeka, (785) 783-3124
- Family Service and Guidance Center, 327 SW. Frazier, Topeka, (785) 270-8911
- Jayhawk Aging and Disability Resource Center, 2910 SW. Topeka Blvd., Topeka, (785) 235-1367
What is the library doing to help?
Library staff are not certified to assist customers in completing the application or enrollment process, but can provide technology assistance in using the library’s public computers and printers.
Please direct questions and feedback on how the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library can improve our community partnerships to provide Shawnee County residents with the information they need to:
Lissa Staley, Health Information Librarian email@example.com
This page updated 7/9/2015