Health Insurance Marketplace General Information
Get help. You can sign up 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at HealthCare.gov
You can also sign up in Spanish at CuidadoDeSalud.gov.
You can call 1-800-318-2596, any time, any hour, and a trained representative will help you enroll.
The Health Insurance Marketplace is the website for enrollment in a Qualified Health Plan; it also contains useful education and resource information.
InsureKS.org is a website developed by the Kansas Insurance Department to supplement the federal Health Insurance Marketplace. Consumers can use this site to estimate premiums, tax credits and view the plans available in their areas.
- Paige C. Ashley, Outreach and Enrollment Coordinator, (785) 251-2136, Shawnee County Health Agency, 1615 W. 8th Street, Topeka, KS 66606
- Angie Duncan, Certified Navigator, Valeo Behavioral Health Care Benefit Specialist, 785-783-3124
Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollapalooza at the library
Plan to attend one of the all day events hosted by the Shawnee County Health Agency
On one Monday each month during the open enrollment period, Navigators and trained certified application assistors will be available at the library from 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM to help interested citizens learn more about the Health Insurance Marketplace and apply online.
The dates for the Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollapalooza at the library will be:
Key dates for the Health Insurance Marketplace
Open Enrollment is the time when you can apply for a 2015 Marketplace plan, keep your current plan, or pick a new one.
Are you ready for the next Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment Period?
Here are 4 key dates you should know:
- November 15, 2014. Open Enrollment begins. Apply for, keep, or change your coverage.
- December 15, 2014. Enroll by the 15th if you want new coverage that begins on January 1, 2015. If your plan is changing or you want to change plans, enroll by the 15th to avoid a lapse in coverage.
- December 31, 2014. Coverage ends for 2014 plans. Coverage for 2015 plans can start as soon as January 1st.
- February 15, 2015. This is the last day you can apply for 2015 coverage before the end of Open Enrollment.
During the first Marketplace annual open enrollment period, 57,013 Kansas obtained affordable, quality health coverage through the Marketplace and 79% of those individuals selected a plan with financial assistance.
What is the library doing to help?
Library staff cannot assist customers in completing the application or enrollment process, but can provide technology assistance in using the library’s public computers and printers.
Please direct questions and feedback on how the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library can improve our community partnerships to provide Shawnee County residents with the information they need to:
Lissa Staley, Health Information Librarian email@example.com
This page updated 12/16/2014