- The womanly art of breastfeeding by Diane Wiessinger/La Leche League
- Ina May’s guide to breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- The breastfeeding book : everything you need to know about nursing your child from birth through weaning by Martha Sears
- Breastfeeding : pure & simple by Gwen Gotsch/La Leche League
- American Academy of Pediatrics new mother’s guide to breastfeeding
Non-fiction DVDs are shelved with books on the same topics
- Better Breastfeeding: your guide to a healthy start
- Breastfeeding Comprehensive
- Laugh and Learn about Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding Health Bag
Health Bag: Pregnancy is a kit containing these titles along with pamphlets and other information.
- Spilled milk: breastfeeding adventures and advice from less-than-
perfect momsby Andy Steiner
- Breastfeeding cafe: mothers share the joys, challenges & secrets of
nursingby Barbara L. Behrmann
- Nursing mother, working mother by Gale Pryor and Kathleen Huggins
- The womanly art of breastfeeding by Diane Wiessinger/LLL
- The Breastfeeding book by Martha Sears
These library materials and more are available in the Breastfeeding section (618.71) in the Health Information Neighborhood.
Books on infant health
- The wonder years: helping your baby and young child successfully negotiate the major
developmental milestonesby American Academy of Pediatrics
- Heading home with your newborn: from birth to reality by Laura A. Jana
- Your baby’s first year week by week by Glade B. Curtis
- Complete baby and childcare by Miriam Stoppard
- The baby care book: a complete guide from birth to 12 months old by Jeremy Friedman
Books on women’s health
- The Healthy Woman: a complete guide for all ages by the Office on Women’s Health
- The new Harvard guide to women’s health by Karen J. Carlson
- Our Bodies, Ourselves by The Boston Women’s Health Book Collective
- La Leche League of Topeka 785-256-0260
- St. Francis Center for Infant & Child Health 785-295-5498
- Stormont Vail Breastfeeding Clinic 785-354-5034
Recommended search terms: breastfeeding, lactation, nursing
Dependable information on more than 700 health-related topics from the National Library of Medicine.
Reliable health information selected from over 1,600 government and non-profit organizations.
More than 3,300 Mayo Clinic health professionals share their expertise for your health knowledge.