2017 Friends Book Sale
Ag Hall on the Kansas Expocentre
Cash and credit cards are accepted
Booksale Map (PDF)
- Thursday, Sept. 14, 6-9 p.m.
Friends Members Only Night:
Memberships sold at the door. Silent auction bidding begins at 6 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 15, 6-9 p.m. Preview Night:
Friends members admitted free, non-members $5 per person, ages 7 and under free. Memberships sold at the door. Silent auction bidding ends at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Storytime with Kyler 10 a.m.
Stan the Balloon Man and Loysa the Face Painter 1 – 4 p.m.
Art project 2 p.m.
Raffle drawing for autographed Kansas City Chiefs Eric Berry jersey 4 p.m. (Tickets $1 each for sale in the Chandler Booktique Aug. 1 – Sept. 14.)
- Sunday, Sept. 17, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Bag Day
Fill a grocery sack (provided) to the top for $5
Book Sale Sponsors
Sponsorship is available to individuals, groups and businesses. There are many expenses associated with a large event such as the Book Sale. Any amount donated to help cover the costs is greatly appreciated. Any donation made to the Friends of the Library is tax deductible.
Thank you to our 2017 book sale sponsors!
- Capital City Bank
- Kaw Valley Bank
- Tom Muth
- Topeka Capital-Journal
- Jerry O. Reed
- Mrs. M.E. Stratton
- Warren E. Taylor
- Topeka Smiles
- Dr. David G. Woods
- Dr. Ted Yungclas
How to Be a Book Sale Sponsor
Send your donation to Friends of TSCPL, 1515 SW 10th, Topeka, KS 66604 with a note that it is for the Book Sale. You will receive a thank you to be used for your taxes. If you wish to remain anonymous, we will respect your wishes. Otherwise, we take every opportunity possible to thank our sponsors. Contributor categories: Underwriter – $500 or more; Sponsor – $250 to $499; Donor – $50 to $249.
Would you like to be part of the Book Sale?
It takes many volunteers to put on the Book Sale.
- Sorters are needed all year to sort and box donated items for the sale. This work is available weekdays, weekends and evenings for how ever much time a volunteer would like to donate.
- Book Sale set up begins on Thursday before the sale at Ag Hall putting up signs, moving boxes, putting up signs and unloading boxes.
- Many volunteers are needed at the sale to assist customers, restock the tables, assist with the check out process and various other things.
- Volunteers are needed to help clean up when the sale is over. Bring your gloves and come in comfortable clothes and be ready to move items out. Clean up is between 8 a.m.—12 p.m. on the Monday after the annual book sale.
To discuss any of these volunteer opportunities, please contact the library’s Volunteer Coordinator. Find out what “perks” volunteers receive for their help.