The library offers a great selection of movies, television shows, educational/instructional videos, documentaries, music, and audiobooks on your browser, smartphone, or tablet via Hoopla Digital.
Whether you’re looking for a box office hit or a classic, Hoopla Digital has something you’ll enjoy again and again.
- Hoopla provides digital movies, television programs, music, and audiobooks.
- You can only stream Hoopla’s content on a PC or Mac, not download it.
- You can stream or download Hoopla’s content on iOS or Android devices through the Hoopla Digital App.
- The Hoopla app is supported by iOS devices that run iOS 6. This includes: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 and newer, and iPod Touch 4th generation and newer. The Hoopla App is also available for Android smartphones and tablets. The Hoopla Digital app is compatible with select Android devices, this includes most devices that support Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above.
- There are no holds lists for content. All content is available to everyone at any time.
- You can checkout ten (10) items per month on Hoopla. View the number of items you have checked out or have remaining for the month under My Titles
- There are no fines or fees. All content stops working at the end of its checkout period.
- Checkout limits are as follows:
Audiobooks: checkout for 21 days
Movies: checkout for 3 days
Music: checkout for 7 days
TV shows: checkout for 21 days
- Content for movies is currently limited to those with MPAA ratings of PG-13 and under
- When you borrow music you get the entire album shown.
- If a television program has more than one episode, you borrow each episode separately, not the entire season.
Instructions for New users
Follow these steps to register with Hoopla and begin enjoying your digital content!
- Go to the library’s Hoopla Digital’s page.
- Click on Sign Up
- Agree to the User Agreement page
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Under Choose a Library, selected Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library
- Enter your library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your telephone number)
Once you have registered for a Hoopla Digital account you can browse for content and play it on your PC or Mac or play and download on your iOS or Android device with the Hoopla App. Follow the instructions for returning users.
Instructions for Returning User
- Follow these steps to browse using your Hoopla login and stream content on your PC or MAC or stream and download to an iOS or Android device with the Hoopla App.
- Go to the library’s Hoopla Digital page. Sign in with your email address and password.
- Use the available navigation tools to search or browse for a movie, television program, audiobook, or music album.
- To borrow an item, click on the items image and then click or tap Borrow.
- Click or tap Play to listen or view the item.
- If you are using the Hoopla App on an iOS or Android device, tap Download to download it to your device.