Reading new books, popular literature, and favorite genres
Every three weeks, join librarian hosts Thad Hartman, Lissa Staley, and Miranda Ericsson as they host a “You Made Me Read It” book discussion with special guests from the library and community. In each interview, the guest suggests a book title that they enjoyed and thinks that other people should read. The hosts read the book, share their reactions, and everyone discusses. Listeners are encouraged to read along and discover what other people are reading and recommending. Check out the show notes for links and additional content. If you have questions, comments or suggestions for future topics please comment on our blog post or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Made Me Read It! Upcoming Episodes
- September 20, 2016 – You Made Me Read It! with guest Thomas Fox Averill and book Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
- October 11, 2016 – You Made Me Read It! with guest Lissa Staley and book No Plot, No Problem!: A Low-stress, High-velocity Guide to Writing A Novel in 30 Days by Chris Baty
- November 1, 2016 – You Made Me Read It! with guests Marian Rakestraw and Diana Marsh and book The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- November 22, 2016 – You Made Me Read It! with guest Natalie Moreland and book Witness by Karen Hesse
- December 13, 2016 – Best Books of 2016 with guests Megan Johnson, Kelli Smith and Stephanie Hall
Lissa Staley thinks everyone should write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days this November. Listen in to find out why!
Tom Averill thinks everyone should read Remarkable Creatures. Listen in to see if hosts Miranda Ericsson and Lissa Staley agree!
Michelle Stottlemire thinks everyone should read Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology by Eric Brende. Listen in on the discussion to see if the hosts agree.
Lisa Brown thinks everyone should read The Perfect Storm by Sebastian Junger. Listen in on the discussion to see if our hosts agree.
In this episode, Kelli, Megan, Miranda and Lissa talk about our favorite books of all time.
Daniel Fogt thinks everyone should read The Martian by Andy Weir. Listen in on the discussion to see if our hosts agree.
Autumn Friedli thinks everyone should read Tell Me Three Things. Listen in on the discussion to see if our hosts agree.
Tara Dimick thinks everyone should read Lean In. Listen in on the discussion to see if our hosts agree.
Julie Nelson thinks everyone should read Dead Wake. Listen in on the discussion to see if our hosts agree.
Miranda Ericsson thinks everyone should read Station Eleven. Listen in on the discussion to see if our hosts agree.
In this fun annual episode, Stephanie, Megan, and Kelli join Thad, Lissa and Miranda to recommend our favorites from the past year of reading.
In this episode, librarian Valerie Reif recommends a selection of books about some very interesting people.