The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library’s mission is “Your Place: Stories You Want, Information You Need, Connections You Seek.” To fulfill this mission, library staff members will provide excellent customer service to all who visit the library or use its services. Hospitable, well-trained and knowledgeable staff members will assist library customers in a manner that allows them to honor our commitment to: “Enhance our citizens’ lives through convenient services when, where and how they need them.”
Library staff members will take responsibility for:
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Providing each customer with an exceptional user experience.
- Meeting the needs of customers and co-workers.
- Behaving ethically.
- Protecting customer confidentiality.
- Understanding and implementing library policies and guidelines.
- Practicing good work habits.
Approved: February 16, 2012
Board of Trustees
Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library