Community Novel Project
A community novel is one that is written collaboratively by members of your community. The library invites writers to each contribute a chapter to advance the group’s story. The story is set in Topeka and will use landmarks and a setting that all will recognize. Writing and publication began in May and continues through September with a chapter added each week (just like any other serial novel you’ve experienced). Each chapter will appear here so you may read them in order, with a new chapter published each week.
New! Pre-order a copy of Capital City Capers for $5. Pre-order forms and payment must be received by August 17, 2012.
Search for these books and place requests at http://catalog.tscpl.org
- Capital City Capers by 20 TSPL community novel project authors
- Naked Came the Manatee by Carl Hiassen
- Charles Dickens serialized novels
- The Green Mile by Stephen King
- Douglas Adams Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Your turn to talk
- Continue the conversation about the Community Novel Project. Have you been reading Capital City Capers? Have you ever read a serialized or a round-robin novel before? Do you have any ideas for the plot of next year’s community novel? Talk to us here on the blog, or on the library’s Goodreads group at our Community Novel Project discussion.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions for future topics please comment on our blog post or send us an email at email@example.com.