Thad Hartman and Lissa Staley introduce a new format for the Hush podcast — a roundtable discussion with our guests around an engaging and interesting topic — books nominated for the William Allen White Award.
William Allen White awards
Search for these books and place requests at http://catalog.tscpl.org/
- Eleven by Patricia Reilly Giff
- The Boy who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
- Also known as Harper by Ann Haywood Leal
- The boy who invented TV: the story of Philo Farnsworth by Kathleen Krull
- Extra credit by Andrew Clements
- All the broken pieces: a novel in verse by Ann E Burg
- The Great Death by John E Smelcer
- Years of dust: the story of the Dust Bowl by Albert Marrin
- Read more about the current nominees for 3rd-5th grade and 6th-8th grade on the William Allen White award website.
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
- The Devil’s Donkey, Baseball Fever, and The Trouble with Tuck by Theodore Taylor
- A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
- Swindle by Gordon Korman
- Surviving the Applewhites by Stephanie S. Tolan
- City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
- Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
Your turn to talk
- Continue the conversation about books that have been nominated for the William Allen White award. Why do you like them? What can you recommend? Talk to us here on the blog, or on the library’s Goodreads group at our William Allen White discussion.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions for future topics please comment on our blog post or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org