Art is not just about creating, it’s about the conversation that follows, and we want kids to be part of that discussion. Since joining Facebook in 2007, the Sabatini Gallery has featured endless amounts of art from our own collection as well as from around the world. But, so far, all of these artists have been adults.
We want to change that.
One of our largest visitor populations is children under the age of 12. Although many of them aren’t old enough to have their own Facebook accounts, their parents are online sharing all sorts of family-related stuff, including some pretty awesome art their kids have created. What better way to get kids talking and thinking about why they create than to feature their work and share it with the world?
If you would like to participate in our “SabaTEENIE Saturdays” Facebook conversation featuring artwork by a child you know, here’s how to do it:
- Open to children 0–12 years of age
- Snap a picture (in focus, please!)
- Email it to Heather Kearns (email@example.com)
- Include child’s name, age, title, date, and medium (what was it made with?)—we want it to be official, just like the grown-ups!
- Ask your child what it’s about (mini artist statement that’s as short or long as they wish)
- Tell us why it made your day…what is special about it to you? (1-2 sentences)
- LIKE us on Facebook here and look for your kid’s art to appear on Saturdays
This is open to grandparents, aunts, uncles, babysitters, best friend of kid’s parents—we don’t care. If a child has made your day with art, we want to celebrate it! We’ll let you know when it’s about to appear on Facebook so you can show your child and share with all your friends and family.