May 14, 2021
The library’s website is always open and a convenient way for you to have the library available wherever you are. The website gives you free access to art and crafts video classes, audiobooks, coding and design tech skills, comics, ebooks, language learning, videos, magazines, music and learning new skills. Just use your library card.
- In-person Grab-N-Go search for books, DVDs and CDs. Check-in for a pass to search materials and check out within 90 minutes per day.
- Meeting rooms Anton, Menninger and Team Rooms may be reserved, open to limited capacity.
When your phone or other device is your computer, download this app for convenience.
Curbside Pickup of Hold Items
- Mon- Fri 9am – 9pm | Sat 9am – 6pm | Sun Noon – 9pm
Internet & Computer Access
If you need internet access, an upgraded public Wi-Fi network (TSCPL-Public) is available in the library’s central and west parking areas, closest to the building 7am-10pm every day.
The library building is open for customers to use computers for 90 minutes a day. Copy/fax/print/scan is self service. Visitors to the library are expected to maintain social distance and wear a mask. A limited number of customers will be allowed in the library at a time for computer and copy services.
Masks – The library is following recommended mask guidelines, which excludes masks with exhalation valves or vents, bandanas and gaiters. If you do not have a mask that meets these requirements, one will be provided.
Community Center Computer Labs
Computer time at the community centers is cumulative and is part of the library’s total computer hours per day. So for example, if you use 30 minutes at Garfield, you will have 30 more minutes to use at the library. Printing is free up to 25 pages. You may access computers at the following Parks & Rec Community Centers:
- Central Park Community Center, 1534 SW Clay St
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm | Sat noon-3pm
- Crestview Community Center, 4801 SW Shunga Dr
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm | Sat 8am-noon
- Deer Creek Community Center, 2345 SE 25th St
- Garfield Community Center, 1600 NE Quincy St
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm | Sat noon-3pm
- Hillcrest Community Center, 1800 SE 21st St
Mon-Fri 8am-6pm | Sat noon-3pm
- Oakland Community Center, 801 NE Poplar St
Mon-Fri 8am-6pm | Sat 10am-1pm
- Rice Community Center, 432 SE Norwood St – LAB CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Shawnee North Community Center, 300 NE 43rd St
- Mon-Fri 10am-2pm, Sat 1-5pm
- Limit 4 customers at a time. First come first serve.
- Wear masks, 6ft distance & use hand sanitizer
- Cash and credit/debit card accepted
- If others are waiting, please be considerate and limit your shopping time.
- Café is open 9am-1pm Mon – Fri.
- Limited in-person dining or carryout snacks and meals.
- You are welcome to take food and drink outside in Clarie’s Courtyard weather permitting.
- Customers are not allowed to take food or drink into other areas of the library.
Other Services Available
- All book returns are open to return items
- Ask-a-Librarian 785-580-4400, Text 785-322-4099 or by email is available Mon – Fri 9am – 9pm, Sat 9am – 6pm, and Sun noon – 9pm
- See Browsing Just for You to have a librarian select items for you.
- Alice C. Sabatini Gallery is open to 6 visitors at a time.
- Interlibrary Loans – place orders on online, by calling 785-580-4425, or via Ask A Librarian email, chat or text. Interlibrary loaned materials can be picked up at curbside or delivered via @Home or @Work (not smart lockers).
- Smartlockers at HyVee and Oakland Community Center
- Topeka Capital Journal Online Access
- TSCPL@Home delivers items directly to your home every other week. We’ll place items in a bag at your door.
- TSCPL@Work for participating businesses
- Genealogy & Local History Research – schedule an appointment to use the Topeka Room for in-person research for up to 90 minutes.
- Limited notary services are open to one person at a time only. You must make an appointment ahead of time.
- Tax form packet pick-up. Customers may take only one tax packet. If you need a different form not in the packet, sign up for a computer and print additional forms from the irs.gov website.
- Bookmobile services have been temporarily suspended.
- Learn & Play Bus service has been temporarily suspended.