October 19, 2020
Hours: MON-FRI 9am – 9pm | SAT 9am – 6pm | SUN noon – 9pm
The library’s website is always open and a convenient way for you to have the library available wherever you are. The website gives you free access to art and crafts video classes, audiobooks, coding and design tech skills, comics, ebooks, language learning, videos, magazines, music and learning new skills. Just use your library card.
When your phone or other device is your computer, download this app for convenience
Health and Safety is a Priority
The library is following the health and safety guidelines established by the Shawnee County Health Department. Please observe the following procedures:
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required for using the library. Children under the age of 2 years are not required to wear a mask.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you to wear during your visit.
- Hand sanitizer and gloves are available for your use.
- Social Distancing is practiced and enforced inside the library and Claire’s Courtyard patio and amphitheater.
- All desktops, chairs, keyboards are cleaned after each use.
Curbside Pickup of Hold Items
- Hours are the as the library hours (see above)
- 4 Meeting Rooms on the second floor are open with limited capacities for 5 or 6 people.
- Marvin Auditorium B and Marvin Auditorium C are now open for meetings with limited capacities. Go to https://tscpl.org/meeting-rooms/request to check availability and capacities.
- Customers sign up for 2 hours of computer time at the customer service desk.
- Computers are located in New Books, The Edge, Learning Center, Kids Library and east and west wings.
- Families or groups who need to use a computer together may do so in a Team Room (request this when signing-up at the customer service desk).
- Staff wipe down computers and keyboards between uses.
Other Services Available
- Smartlockers at HyVee and Oakland Community Center
- Library@Work for participating businesses
- All book drops are open to return items
- Corefirst (north) Reading Room for personal use, magazines and newspapers
- Interlibrary Loan, Notary, proctoring of exams, copier, fax and scanner
- Ask a Librarian 785-580-4400, Text 785-322-4099 or by email
- Red Carpet Service deliveries to facilities that have granted access.
- Bookmobile services have been temporarily suspended.
- Booktique is closed for remodeling.
- Learn & Play Bus service has been temporarily suspended.
- Millennium Café is closed for renovations.
- Restrooms outside Marvin Auditorium (west hall) and in the Kids Library are closed for renovation. Restrooms in the main hall (across from David J’s) and on the second level are open.