The Edge Teen Room
The Edge is an activity area in the library just for teens. This casual spot is the perfect place to hang out with friends, play video and board games, work on a school or personal project, and just get a little space.
The Edge has:
- Outlets. Perfect for keeping your device from blinking out just before you see that important text! Bring your own charger.
- Tables. They stand there with a sort of quiet dignity. Good for setting things on.
- Couches. No dignity here. Good for sitting things on.
- Computers. Social media, homework, videos – the list is endless! Though this one is not.
- Wi-Fi. Use your own computers.
- Lounging. Sitting, but with style and a certain rebellious charm.
- Art. There is a whiteboard wall, there could be other artistic projects, and maybe even displays.
- Events. Do stuff at the library!
- Library staff. These people are probably here to help you.
The videogames follow a daily schedule and switch every two hours. We don’t allow bringing your own games and controllers for our systems.
The Edge is located down the east hallway near the front entrance of the building. The room is only for teens 12 – 18 years old. It is open 3-9 pm on school days and normal library hours on weekends or when school is not in session.