Hey friends! For this week’s installation of Teen Art Club we are making Photo Collages. The original idea was to compile memories of Summer 2020, but I honestly didn’t get up to much this summer and I’m betting some of you had a more relaxed summer as well. I chose to compile some of my favorite memories from summers past instead, with just a few nods to this summer.
Here’s what you’ll need to complete this project:
- Something to display your collage on, like scrapbook paper, poster or foam boards, construction paper or whatever suits your needs. (I used scrapbook paper)
- Something to adhere your pictures to your collage like glue, tape or tacks. (I recommend tape as glue will give your collage the wave effect.)
- Scissors to trim any pictures or additions.
- Pictures! You can choose a theme, go for whatever is at hand, or assemble a random kaleidoscope of memories to feature in your space.
- Optional: Something, like construction paper, to caption your collage and give it attitude. Use stickers, cut out additional images from magazines, or hand draw embellishments to personalize your collage.
Here’s a video of me rambling and assembling some of my favorite summer memories! Share your completed collages with us, too. We’d love to see your art!
Here’s a list of some books available for check out that can inspire your collages and other artistic endeavors with photos!