Today we will make Mexican tortilla pinwheels. They have two types of cheese, black beans and colorful veggies all rolled up inside tortillas and cut into rounds. This is the perfect make-ahead snack or appetizer! With graduation coming up and all the summer events these would be great to make for your friends and family. They are easy to make and many people enjoy these flavors.
You can always add ingredients you like or remove ingredients you don’t. That’s part of the fun of cooking – customizing the recipe to your tastes. When I make these again I may add some cilantro and some turkey!
- 5 large tortillas (burrito size)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned black beans (or any beans you like) drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 cup finely chopped red, orange and/or yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- Cut all your veggies.
- Open the can of black beans, drain and rinse them in a strainer.
- Open the can of diced green chilis.
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, black beans, green chilis, bell pepper and green onion.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the entire surface of each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly. You can add a dab of cream cheese on the end to hold the rolls together if needed.
- Slice the tortilla rolls crosswise into pinwheels.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 8 hours prior to serving. Can serve with salsa!