We have been sharing stories, art and adventure with you all month, now it’s time for you to create your own adventure.
How will you tell your story?
- Will you act it out?
The Wave, Barbara Mueller, gouache, 2004.047
- Will you draw it or make a piece of art?
- Will you write song lyrics?
- Will you dance it out?
There are unlimited ways to tell a story.
Adrift, Robert Stackhouse, print, 1996.031
Pick one of these story starters (or create your own) and tell us a story!
- You’ve discovered a new sea creature! Describe it and its habitat. What is its relationship with other sea creatures?
- If the coral reefs were a city, what would it be like? Who would live there?
- While scuba diving you discover a cave under the ocean surface and you decide to explore. What happens? What do you see?
- You are a drop of water, spilled from a cup outside your home. What kind of adventures will you go on while you travel through your watershed? What will you encounter? What might you see? Will you wind up at the ocean, in a glacier, in a cloud or somewhere else entirely?
If you want to take your story to a new level, look for inspiration in your home or neighborhood. From Lake Shawnee to your kitchen sink, unlimited water adventures are there for you to create.
Your story awaits.
Need ideas of how to create your story?
Underwater Finger Puppets
Build your story with Legos or blocks
Write your own comic book
Share your story
We can’t wait to see what you created!
Return to Ocean Home Page
To share your story with the gallery you can email your finished creation to email@example.com and we will share it on our exhibit web page and social media.