Welcome to Stories & Crafts magic week! Sit down and listen to Miss Rhonda read Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola then make a spaghetti & meatballs craft, listen to a song or two and color.
Make Spaghetti & Meatballs
Strega Nona did not add sauce and meatballs to her spaghetti, but you can!
- Paper plate
- Red finger paint – you could use a red marker or cut out a “sauce shape” out of red construction paper or felt
- Yellow yarn cut in to desired lengths
- White paper if you want to add cheese
- Brown felt circles – you could use brown construction paper
- Drizzle the red paint onto the plate. Use your finger to spread the paint all over the paper plate for the tomato sauce.
- Drizzle glue on the plate and add the yellow yarn for your spaghetti.
- Glue the brown circles wherever you want your meatballs.
- If you want to add cheese cut or tear white paper into small pieces and sprinkle on top.
- Enjoy your plate of spaghetti & meatballs!
Things to talk about
- Talk to your child about what the word drizzle means.
- Let your child “make” the spaghetti and ask them how long the spaghetti noodles should be.
- What food do you use to make the sauce?
- What do you like on your spaghetti? Perhaps sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on your spaghetti using yellow construction paper. I used my shredder to make my Parmesan cheese.
For a fun sensory experience make some rainbow spaghetti.
Strega Nona coloring page
Plate of plain spaghetti coloring page
On Top of Spaghetti song – Remember to sneeze into a tissue or your elbow!
Spaghetti Legs song with Jim Gill
Check out this list of books on Magic, including a Strega Nona video.
Don’t forget to log your time for summer reading on Beanstack.
Check out our previous Stories & Crafts.