Welcome to digital Stories & Crafts for preschoolers. Today Theresa shares a story about a sweet little dog named Widget who needs a home. Then you can make an origami dog like the ones used for the fingerplay.
Make an Origami Dog
- Square sheets of paper. I used standard copy paper cut to 8 ½ x 8 ½ inches.
- Markers or crayons to add details
Watch this video from Red Ted Art or follow the steps below.
Things to talk about
- The paper we are using is square. How many sides does a square have? Let’s count them together. Let’s measure them with a ruler to see how long each side is. How many corners are there?
- How would the story be different if it was a cat trying to fit in with a house full of dogs?
- Sing and dance along to Jack Hartmann’s Rags the Dog
- Pets coloring pages
- Print out these Same and Different Pets games for a fun way to build visual discrimination skills
Here is a list of books about dogs and cats. Many are available as ebooks.
Don’t forget to log your time for summer reading on Beanstack.