The library will be closed May 1-5 and will reopen May 6 with a new way to check out. The change will result in shorter wait times when checking out using 11, blue-lighted check-out kiosks, conveniently located throughout the library.
Three major improvements to checking out
- Speed. Check-out is much more streamlined
- Convenience. Check-out kiosks located where you are in the building
- Privacy. A more discreet way of checking out
The library is adopting Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags for inventory and security. RFID is used worldwide for a variety of purposes including employee ID badges and in K-Tags used by Turnpike motorists. With RFID tags, it’s possible to check out multiple items all at once.
Library cards will not change, but the new system will require a PIN to check out. This is a great opportunity to update your PIN. Change your PIN online in your account or call the library at 785-580-4400 and we can help you.
The entire library staff will be involved in converting 450,000+ items. The library will get a head start by closing the music CDs and the DVD Dispenser on April 30.
Many library services will remain open during May 1-5
- Bookmobiles will run their regular schedule.
Café Special Hours (May 1-5)
Mon-Fri 8:15am – 4pm
Sat & Sun, Closed
Mon-Fri 10am – 6pm
Sat 10am – 5pm
Sun 12pm – 5pm
M-F 9am – 9pm
Sat 9am – 6pm
Sun 12pm – 9pm
- Phones will be manned at 785-580-4400 (switchboard) and 580-4555 (telephone reference)
- No reserves can be picked up at the main library. If you are notified your reserve is available, you can call the library at 580-4400 and ask about having it sent out to a specific bookmobile stop (plan on a 24-hour delay).
- Meetings already scheduled at the library will occur.
- The Friends of the Library Book Swap set for May 3 1-3pm in the gallery.
- Wi-Fi will be available at the library.
- Computers at the Community Centers will be available for use.
- The Digital Branch is always open at tscpl.org.