You are now able to check out a WiFi hotspot just like you check out books, DVDs and CDs. The library has MiFi brand hotspots so you will see and hear the terms WiFi hotspot and MiFi used interchangeably.
- Check out is for 21 days and not renewable.
- Anyone with a library account in good standing can check out a device.
- One device per household is encouraged.
- You can hold a WiFi hotspot to be picked up at the library, picked up at a bookmobile stop or have it delivered to your home through TSCPL@Home.
- Check out a hotspot in the library at the Customer Service desk or on any bookmobile.
- Return MiFi to the Customer Service desk at the library or on any bookmobile.
- If the device is not returned or goes overdue, Internet access will be turned off.
- The replacement fee for devices not returned is $199.
How to Use
- Press and hold the Power Button, located on the top right corner.
If device does not turn on, charge the battery.
- On your computer or other WiFi enabled device, search for available WiFi networks and select the hotspot name etched on the front of the device
You are responsible for understanding how to configure your own wireless device. Because there are many different types of wireless devices requiring many different configuration methods, library staff are not able to assist you with the configuration of your WiFi device.