The Sabatini Internship (90 hours, negotiable) is open to current full or part-time students enrolled in a visual arts related degree program. The student must be able to commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week during regular gallery hours on Monday through Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. This is an unpaid position with hours tracked by the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library as volunteer service for your records.
- Assist with exhibition installation and de-installation
- Assist with events such as opening receptions
- Education programming such as assisting with outreach classes
- Write one blog post about a Sabatini Gallery event or the intern’s experience
- Student is invited to attend exhibition committee meetings
- Research for upcoming exhibits
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and stand for long periods of time. Exhibition installation and de-installation are very manual, including moving large cases, hammering, hanging artwork, and cutting mats.
- Student must be punctual, have a high attention to detail, and good communication skills both in writing and speaking.
- He or she must be friendly and able to greet gallery visitors if needed.
Betsy Roe, Museum Educator
Alice C. Sabatini Art Gallery
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS 66604