The library hosts trivia weekends quarterly and you can find the upcoming programs on our calendar of events.
Gallery of Winning Teams
Upcoming Trivia Events
- Trivia features 10 rounds of 10 questions each
- Categories may include audio, visual or video rounds
- Teams are limited to 8 people. Children 5 and under are “free.”
- On the Round 1 score sheet, estimate your team’s final score out of 100. If the final scores are tied, closest estimate wins.
- The trivia host will read each question aloud twice; listen carefully and try to write down an answer after each question. All questions will be repeated one more time at the end of the round.
- Listen for “last call” — At the end of each round, answer sheets are collected and graded. Before beginning the next round, the trivia host reviews the answers to the previous round.
- The graders will post the scores for each round; you can track your score on your team’s score sheet.
- Get your “drumroll” ready — The teams with the highest final scores are awarded prizes after the final round.
- No penalty for guessing. No partial credit.
- Unless we say otherwise: Spelling doesn’t count, last names are okay.
- Pass notes so other teams don’t overhear your answers.
- Give the most commonly accepted answer to a question.
- Don’t cheat, it ruins the fun! Put away your smartphone and use the hallway to check messages or take calls if needed.
- All food and drink should be purchased at the Millennium Café.
- Shhhh! Friday night and Saturday afternoon questions are identical.
- In case we forget to mention it, you can learn trivial information by checking out books, movies and music from your library.
- Winner photos & upcoming events: tscpl.org/events/trivia
- What is the name of the dog that Homer brings home to his family on the very first episode of The Simpsons?
Santa’s Little Helper
- What young adult novel by Markus Zusak is set in Germany during World War II and told from the point of view of Death?
The Book Thief
- What food festival do the folks in Liberal, Kansas and Olney, England celebrate every year with a competitive race?
International Pancake Day
- In Greek mythology who is said to have stolen fire from Zeus and given it to humankind?
- What specialized lymph nodes are generally removed at the same time as the tonsils?
- What major league baseball player was known by the nickname “Mr. October”?
Host Your Own Trivia Program
Organizing your own trivia night? We can help! Trivia Night can be adapted as a fun free event or a successful fundraiser. The library freely shares advice and instructions, answers your FAQs, and provides our blank forms and question sets at How To: Trivia Night @ Your Library