The Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library, recently named Library of the Year, is seeking a creative, energetic Web Developer to help move our website to the next level. In this job you will help develop and maintain tscpl.org, help develop our staff intranet and specialty sites, build searchable databases, and work on web design. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred. Understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is also preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree plus 2 years experience building websites and web applications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain WordPress websites, both front- and back-end
- Experience with web UX
- Ability to manage Linux web servers
- Experience building custom web software as needed
- Ability to build connectivity and enhance existing services using 3rd party API’s
- Experience designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Experience establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Knowledge of Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, and SEO
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work in and contribute to a diverse team environment
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, and be proactive.
- An understanding of and familiarity with libraries
- Design experience is helpful
Pay & Benefits
Starting salary for this full time Web Developer will be between $46,750 and $56,000 annually depending on qualifications. Excellent benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan (KPERS), long term disability and group life insurance, sick leave and vacation, and a deferred compensation plan.
How to Apply A completed and signed TSCPL job application is required for consideration for each position and should be submitted along with resume and cover letter. TSCPL application forms are available online here, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources. Applications are being reviewed as they are received. The position will remain posted until filled.
Application materials may be mailed, handed in, faxed, or emailed.
Mail completed and signed job application materials to:
Human Resources Director
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may also be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com. Please put “Web Developer” in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4492 or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org