Executive Assistant to CEO
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) requires a highly motivated, energetic, dependable individual who is very comfortable in a fast-paced and challenging environment. This individual should be a self-starter with exceptional communication skills, a strong sense of service delivery and an ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders. The successful candidate will have or have the ability to attain a thorough understanding of supporting C-suite level executives. This individual must have the ability to work under pressure at times to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Some of the essential job duties include:
- Overseeing the general functions of the Administrative office including keeping an appointment calendar for the CEO and arranging meetings for the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
- Facilitating a broad range of high-level activities, projects, and day-to-day operations for the CEO.
- Attending Trustee Board meetings, preparing minutes, assembling information for Board of Trustee and committee meetings and making arrangements as needed.
- Facilitating, in concert with the CEO, communication and follow-up with the Board of Trustees.
- Managing agenda development, room scheduling, prepares minutes, assembles information for Management Council meetings and making arrangements as necessary.
- Assisting in planning and implementing special events in support of Library Administration as needed.
- Anticipating the CEO’s needs and proactively bringing together the appropriate people and other resources to support the CEO in addressing opportunities and challenges.
- Managing correspondence for the CEO and provides support for other executive and administrative staff as needed.
- Arranging and coordinating registration and travel to conferences for the CEO.
- Maintaining primary files for CEO and providing support for maintaining administrative files as needed.
- Participating in library-wide efforts including staff committees and library programs. Meeting with library staff to share and receive information. Participating in seminars, workshops and other training to enhance expertise and update necessary technical knowledge.
Required: Associates degree from an accredited college, university or technical school and considerable experience in an executive office setting, or a combination of education and related work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with patrons, volunteers, community partners, colleagues and supervisors.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong service orientation and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- A desire to understand TSCPL’s business to fully assess impact of initiatives across the organization.
- Competent and up-to-date computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
A pre-and/or post-employment drug screen, a criminal history record check, and physical capacity testing are required as a condition of employment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time position. Pay range is $19.19 to $23.03 per hour dependent upon qualifications. Excellent benefits including health & dental insurance with pre-tax premiums, and a retirement plan (KPERS). Group life, disability coverage and accidental death benefits are also provided. Other optional benefits available at employee’s expense include vision, life and cancer insurance and a deferred compensation plan.
HOW TO APPLY: A completed and signed TSCPL job application is required for consideration for each position along with resume and cover letter. TSCPL application forms are available online at www.tscpl.org, or in the Library at the Customer Service Desk or in Human Resources. This position will remain open until filled.
Application materials may be mailed, handed in, faxed, or emailed.
Mail completed and signed job application materials to:
Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library
1515 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66604
Application materials may also be handed in at the Human Resources Office on the second floor of the library. Human Resource office hours are M-F 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If the HR office is not open, applications may be dropped off at the Customer Service Desk.
Application materials may be faxed to 785-580-4496.
Application materials may be emailed to email@example.com. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
For more information, please contact Human Resources at: 785-580-4491 or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org