Hold pick up options
When you place a hold in the catalog you have several choice of where to pick up your hold when you get notified it’s ready. Here’s a quick rundown of your options:
- Library – items will be placed in the Holds Room between the Movies & Music Lounge and the atrium. Items are arranged alphabetically by the last name. Use a Checkout Kiosk to check out your items.
- Curbside – we’ll bring items to your car when you park in a curbside spot
- TSCPL@Home – we’ll bring items to your front door
- Bookmobile – select your bookmobile location and we’ll have it on the vehicle
- Book Locker (Fairlawn Plaza Mall or Oakland Community Center) – pick up anytime the location is open
- TSCPL@Work – if your place of employment participates (they will be in the drop down menu if they do) we’ll bring it to your office
How will I know if my item is ready for pick up?
You will be notified by email, mail, phone or text, based on the method you picked when you signed up for a library card. You can update your notification method by calling 580-4400 and letting us know what method you prefer.
You can also update your notification method online:
- Log in to your account on the Classic Catalog with your library card and 4-digit PIN
- Click on the My Account menu and select the My Record option
- Select the Contact Information and Preferences option
- Make sure contact information is correct and change your Preferences
- Click on the Submit Change Request button
How long do I have to pick up my item?
After 8 days, unclaimed items will go on to the next person on the waiting list.
Can someone else pick up my hold for me?
If you send a relative to pick up your hold at the library, they will need to take the item to the Customer Service Desk and check it out on their own library card. This works the same on bookmobiles – you can pick up a hold for a relative, but you must check it out on your own library card.