How will I know if my item is ready for pick up?
You will be notified by email, mail, phone or text, based on the method you picked when you signed up for a library card. You can update your notification method by calling 580-4400 and letting us know what method you prefer.
You can also update your notification method online:
- Log in to your account on the Classic Catalog with your library card and 4-digit PIN
- Click on the My Account menu and select the My Record option
- Select the Contact Information and Preferences option
- Make sure contact information is correct and change your Preferences
- Click on the Submit Change Request button
How long do I have to pick up my item?
After 8 days, unclaimed items will go on to the next person on the waiting list.
Where do I pick up my requests?
If you received notification that your hold is ready for pick up at the library, you can pick up your item(s) in the Holds Pick-up Room. This self-service location is located across the atrium from the Kids Library entrance. Items are arranged alphabetically by the last name. Use the Checkout Kiosks to check out the items.
You may also pick up items from Curbside Pickup.
Can someone else pick up my hold for me?
Each item is on hold for a specific customer. Only that customer’s library card can be used to check out the item on the Checkout Kiosks.
If you send a relative to pick up your hold, they will need to take the item to the Customer Service Desk and check it out on their own library card.