The Women & Money Series sponsored by the Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library and Housing and Credit Council, Inc. (HCCI) begins this Thursday, September 8, from 6-8:30 pm in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium. Subsequent classes will be held on Thursdays through Oct. 20, 6:00 to 8:30 in Marvin Auditorium. Enrollment is required through HCCI, by calling 785-234-0217 x 330 or you may register online at www.hcci-ks.org.
Using I-TV interactive television, the classes will be also be available in five other communities in Central and Western Kansas, include partnering libraries in Colby, Dodge City and Hays and the Garden City Community College and Kansas State University.
The first four sessions address general financial topics such as banking and organizing your financial life; the last three sessions deal with more advanced topics including investing and planning for retirement. The sessions are as follows:
- Financial Basics and Beyond
- Managing Risk and Banking in the 21st Century:Organizing your Financial Life With Electronic Banking and More
- Banking and Credit Reports
- Money & Credit: Borrowing Basics of Credit and Loans
- Investment Basics: Investigate Before you Invest
- Retirement Planning (Social Security and other employer based or self-employed plans)
- Life Planning for Future Events
The Women & Money Series curriculum has been developed by a coalition of women led by HCCI who work in education, financial institutions, non-profit organizations, and other professionals in the community. We look forward to a great series of programs and hope to see you there.