TSCPL’s Virtual Small Business Reference Center database provides a virtual library of business resources for the small business owner or for anyone thinking of starting a new business. Resources include extensive information on a number of categories, including
- Business Areas: Accounting; Buying, Expanding, or Closing a Business; Sales,;Legal Issues; Business on the Internet; Employees; Operations; Going Green; Management and Leadership Topics and more.
- Industry Information by Business Type
- Business Basics: Includes valuable information on how to manage your business after it is up and running.
- Start-up Kit and Business Plans
In addition to the above resources, this database also features several full-text PDF versions of business books published by NOLO press. These books provide legal guidance from starting your business to managing your taxes to negotiating with contractors and consultants. There is also a guide to effecive fundraising for Non-Profits.
Business videos are available to provide critical information to business owners in a teachable format. Choose from literally hundreds of videos, including
- Business tips from the nation’s top CEOs
- “Lessons Learned” features to help avoid the pitfalls of running a business and to let you know you are not alone in facing daily challenges – large or small.
- Lectures from leading business educators
- “How-to” videos
The Small Business Reference Center is a terrific resource to help foster success in all aspects of starting and growing a business.