Here at the Library, we offer a variety of resources to help you search for a new job. We have print resources, online resources, and a professional staff that can help you one-on-one with resumes, cover letters, and online job applications. Here are some of the resources available to make your job search smoother and more stress-free:
- Print Resources. We have a wide variety of books you can check out to help with job search preparation. Here are a just a few:
- Amazing Resumes. by Jim Bright, Ph.D, and Joanne Earl, Ph.D. (650.142BRI CAREER) – Based on psychological research, this book reveals what employers are actually looking for and how the hiring process really works. Format your resume for maximum readibility on paper and online.
- 101 Great Resumes. by Ron Fry. (650.142FRY CAREER). - Resumes for anyone from recent high school grad to retired older adult. Includes formats for specific professions, including sales, computers, human resources, and many more.
- Knock ‘em Dead Resumes. by Martin Yate, C.P.C. (650.142 YAT CAREER) – Smart advice to make your online and paper resumes more productive. Detailed steps for putting it all together on paper or online.
- Online Resources: There are some excellent Internet sites where you can find help with resume building, interviewing skills, and online job applications. Here are a few that provide extensive professional services:
- Career Builder
Features many current job listings, resume building and more.
Everything the job seeker will need, from resume writing to job listings.
Follow this link to local Topeka jobs. This is a very practical site to find jobs that are available NOW
- .In addition to print and online resources, the Library also has Winway Deluxe resume software on 56 of the public computers. This is an excellent software that provides professional resume and cover letter templates, job descriptions, and practice interviews.
- We also have two dedicated Jobs & Careers computers with 4-hour log-ins to provide extra computer time for you to conduct your job search and employment applications. Just check in at the Reference desk and we will get you started.If you would like one-on-one help with your resume or cover letter, contact our Business Librarian, Terry Miller at 785-580-4556 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- Career Builder