If you are a business person and own an iPod, Blackberry, or Android, you can benefit from a few of the thousands of business apps available for your smart phone. The following five downloadable applications are particularly helpful for businesses of all sizes in terms of improving your productivity, profitability, and time management:
- SQUARE – Free – Is literally a “square” card-reader accessory that attaches to your smart phone. You can process credit card payments from anywhere using the accessory on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android. One simple fee – $2.75 per transaction- with no monthly charges or contracts. Especially helpful for individual contractors, freelancers and small businesses. www.squareup.com
- EVERNOTE – Free – An easy-to-use app that helps you remember and sync all of your notes across all the devices you use. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes these notes completely searchable, whether you are at home, at work, or on the go.
- DROPBOX – Free – Lets you bring your documents, photos, and videos anywhere. Any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, phones, and to the Dropbox website. You can also easily share your files and even send people links to specific files in your Dropbox.
- SCANNER PRO –$6.99 – iPhone only – Transforms your iPhone into a portable scanner. It can add, move, delete pages and even combine pages in landscape and portrait orientations. http://readdle.com/products/scanner_pro_iphone/
- FLIGHT TRACK PRO – 9.99 – A travel tracker that alerts you to flight delays, gate changes, cancellations, and alternate boarding plans. Import trip data from an airline confirmation email, and it will monitor your itinerary. The program also provides satellite and weather imagery and maps of airport terminals. http://www.mobiata.com/apps/flighttrackpro-iphone
I have downloaded Evernote, Dropbox, and Flight Track Pro to my own iPhone and am really looking forward to what I can do with them.