Make a short film inspired by one of your favorite books! Your film can be a summary of the book, a scene from the book, a trailer for the book or a spoof of the book. Entrees that meet the following criteria will be premiered at the Youth Film Festival on Friday, October 21, 2011 at 7:00 pm, in The Edge at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library. If more films are entered than time allows to show only a few will be selected for screening at the festival.
Criteria: The movie must be . . .
- Inspired by a book appropriate for people ages twelve to eighteen years.
- Clear as to which book was used as the inspiration and the content of the film must be closely tied to the book.
- 3 to 5 minutes in length.
- Made by a team of at least three members who preregistered for the event.
- “PG rated.” No offensive language, nudity or sexuality and no violence will be accepted. Also, no people, animals or property are to be injured or damaged during any part of the film-making process.
- Submitted on a Digital Video Disc (DVD) or a flash drive.
- Delivered to the Youth Services desk at TSCPL by 5:00 pm on Monday, October 10, 2011.
All filmmaking participants must be between the ages of 12 and 18.
Filmmaking individuals may only be a member of one team and each team may submit only one film.
Important Dates to Remember
Monday, October 3, 2011 – Last day to turn in preregistration forms.
Monday, October 10, 2011 – Film entries are due by 9:00 pm at the Youth Services Desk at the library.
Friday, October 21, 2011 – Teen Film Festival, 7:00 to 8:00 pm in The Edge.
Helpful music links. If you want to add free music to your film visit one of these searchable sites for downloadable music. Make sure you honor their free use policies. http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/ or www.freeplaymusic.com/
Note: Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library retains the intellectual property rights on submitted videos and may use them to promote the library.