- Borrowers must have a current TSCPL library card in good standing to request material through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- All Interlibrary Loan items must be picked up and returned to the Main Checkout Desk at the Library by the Due Date on the cover of the item.
- TSCPL charges a $1 fee for each filled Interlibrary Loan request to help cover the cost of delivering items between libraries. If we are not able to borrow the item there will be no charge.
- In many cases there is no other cost to borrow Interlibrary Loan materials, but occasionally the lending library may charge a fee. Borrowers must agree in advance to pay this extra amount before we will attempt to obtain the material.
- Late fees of $1 per day apply to Interlibrary Loan materials returned after the due date, with a maximum fee of $10 before a block is placed on a borrower’s account.
- If more time is needed, a Renewal Request must be submitted before the due date. Understand that not all lending libraries allow renewals and the ILL item must be returned on time if the renewal is denied.
- If an ILL is not returned, returned very late, or returned in damaged condition, the patron will be responsible for the cost of the material plus any processing fees charged by the lending library.
Requesting Copyrighted Materials
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of fair use, that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.