Register to Vote
The last day to register to vote in the 2016 general election was Tue., October 18.
Check your registration status or find your polling place at myvoteinfo.org.
- Select your county, and enter your name and date of birth
- Review your polling place
- See a sample ballot (depending on if your county has one prepared)
- See your voting history in Kansas
Resources for Information about Candidates & Issues
- It is important to be informed about the candidates and issues.
- To find a sample ballot, check with the Shawnee County Election Office or visit myinfo.voteks.org
- Learn more about candidates and issues using information from your local newspapers, TV news providers, candidate forums and candidate websites.
Advance Voting Information
- Advance voting begins October 24 at the Shawnee County Election Office. See the Shawnee County Elections Office’s Calendar for General Election (PDF) to view advance voting dates and times.
- Or, submit an Application for Advance Ballot by Mail (PDF)
Election Day Polling Information
- The 2018 United States elections will be held (for the most part) on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. During this mid-term election year, all 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 33 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate will be contested. 38 state and territorial governorships and numerous other state and local elections will also be contested.
- Find your polling place
- Bring photo ID. Check this list of acceptable photo IDs. If you do not have photo ID, request one by filling out this form (PDF).
- Hours for voting on election day are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.