Test Yourself with these Great Gatsby Trivia Questions
- In what decade does The Great Gatsby take place?
- What character is the narrator of The Great Gatsby?
- True or false – Other than The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald only had one other novel published during his lifetime?
- What was the birth name of the character of Jay Gatsby?
- In the novel, Gatsby is an associate with gangster and gambler Meyer Wolfsheim. What real-life gambler, accused of fixing the 1919 World Series, was the character of Meyer Wolfsheim based on?
- What is the name of Tom Buchanan’s wife, with whom Gatsby once had a romantic relationship?
- What classic Nintendo video game features a princess who was named after the wife of F. Scott Fitzgerald?
- One of the major characters of the novel was Jordan Baker, a professional athlete with a slightly shady reputation and a penchant for untruthfulness. In what sport was Jordan Baker a professional athlete?
- Who portrayed Jay Gatsby in the 1974 movie version of the The Great Gatsby?
- Finish the famous final line to the novel, “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back…”. (4 words)
The next Trivia weekend at the library will be Friday, April 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm and Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm. Reserve a table for your team beginning March 1, 2013 by calling 580-4540.
Answers to the Great Gastby Trivia Questions
- The 1920s
- Nick Carraway
- False – He had three other novels published during his lifetime – This Side of Paradise, The Beautiful and the Damned, and Tender is the Night
- James Gatz
- Arnold Rothstein
- Daisy Buchanan
- The Legend of Zelda
- Robert Redford
- … ceaselessly into the past.