Hot weather increases the wear and tear on your vehicles, motorcycles, and other mechanical devices. Yard work can be frustrating enough without the tiller or mower breaking down.
Professional repairs on these items can be expensive, but many car and small engine repairs can be completed at home with the right book and a little know-how.
They are available at no charge on your home computer using your library card!
These online resources have full text, searchable repair manuals to help you with a current project or help you decide whether that squeaky belt is something you will be able to fix.
These two great online resources have access to the complete collection of Chilton and Mitchell automotive repair manuals and a wide selection of other repair manuals for small engines for motorcycles, lawn mowers, marine craft, snowmobiles, and much more.
For Automobiles, use Auto Repair Reference Center:
- Repair and maintenance Information for transmissions, brakes, ignition systems, exhaust systems, heating/cooling, electrical systems, wheels/tires, bodywork, diesel engines, and more.
- Coverage of more than 37,000 vehicles from 1945 to present
- Millions of drawings and step-by-step photographs
- Over 100,000 technical service bulletins & recalls issued by the original equipment vehicle manufacturer
- Over 180,000 enhanced wiring diagrams for easy viewing and printing
For Small Engines, use Small Engine Repair Reference Center:
- Repair Information for motorcycles, air-Cooled engines, ATVs, chain saws, commercial mowers, diesel engines, farm tractors, generators, marine (boats), outdoor power equipment, personal watercraft/jet ski, riding lawn mowers, snowmobiles, and more!
- Over 440 full-text reference books with original photos and illustrations that guide the user through every job
- Information on more than 25 years of many engine models
- More than 80,000 repairs are covered
- Routine maintenance information on topics such as tune-ups, brake service, and even extensive repairs involving engine and transmission disassembly
- Original photos and illustrations guide the user through every job step-by-step
Access Auto Repair Reference Center and the Small Engine Reference Center under the Research It tab. Log in using your Library card number and your PIN, which is usually the last four digits of your telephone number.
If your car or lawn mower are not already in pieces, stop by the library to consult our collection of repair manuals, including a large number of manuals you can check out and take with you!