Below are links to some Internet sites where you can get help building your resume . We have also listed some good Resume books you can check out from the Jobs and Careers Neighborhood in the West Wing of the Library. TSCPL also has WinWay Resume Deluxe software installed on the computers in our Media Room, and also on the two computers in the Jobs and Careers Neighborhood. WinWay has over 14, 000 resume examples, a built-in editor to find and correct mistakes, automatically creates cover letters, contains interview simulation videos, and allows you to print, fax, upload, or e-mail your resume and cover letter in compatible formats for most online job applications.
- Career Builder
Features many current job listings, resume building and more.
Everything the job seeker will need, from resume writing to job listings.
Job search site for college students and recent college graduates. Helps students and graduates prepare for all aspects of searching, including resumes, cover letters, interview techniques, and relocation advice.
- CareerIgniter.com Free resume builder will help you create a professional resume that you can save to your computer. Also has a job search feature.
These books are available for check-out in the Library’s Jobs and Careers Neighborhood in the West Wing of the Library:
- Amazing Resumes. by Jim Bright, Ph.D, and Joanne Earl, Ph.D. (650.142BRI CAREER) – Based on psychological research, this book reveals what employers are actually looking for and how the hiring process really works. Format your resume for maximum readibility on paper and online.
- 101 Great Resumes. by Ron Fry. (650.142FRY CAREER). - Resumes for anyone from recent high school grad to retired older adult. Includes formats for specific professions, including sales, computers, human resources, and many more.
- Knock ‘em Dead Resumes. by Martin Yate, C.P.C. (650.142 YAT CAREER) – Smart advice to make your online and paper resumes more productive. Detailed steps for putting it all together on paper or online.
- Resume Magic: Trade Secrets of a Professional Resume Writer. by Susan Britton Whitcomb (650.142WHI CAREER) – A professional resume-writer reveals her inside trade secrets for creating effective resumes. Find out the most important resume features that employers are looking for.