2015 Friends Book Sale
- Preview Night: Friday, September 18, from 6–9pm is Preview night and Friends members have free admission. Memberships are also sold at the door. Non-members who prefer not to purchase a membership, may pay $5 per person (children ages 7 and under are free).
- The sale is open free of charge to the public on Saturday (9am-5pm) and Sunday (10am-5pm).
- Sunday Bag Day: Fill a grocery sack (to the top, but not overflowing) for $5
- Free Day: On Monday, September 21, 7 am-Noon everything that is left is FREE. Bring your own boxes or bags.
Book Sale Sponsors
Sponsorship is available to individuals, groups and businesses. There are many expenses associated with a large event such as the Book Sale. Any amount donated to help cover the costs is greatly appreciated. Any donation made to the Friends of the Library is tax deductible.
Thank You to Our 2015 Book Sale Sponsors!
- FHL Bank Topeka
- Kaw Valley Bank
- Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home
- Topeka Capital-Journal
- Capital City Bank
- seveneightfive Magazine
- Mrs. M.E. Stratton
- Warren E. Taylor
- Westside Stamp & Awards
- Dr. David G. Woods
- BT & Co
- Educational Credit Union
- Hy-Vee Food Store
How to Be a Book Sale Sponsor
Send your donation to Friends of TSCPL, 1515 SW 10th, Topeka, KS 66604 with a note that it is for the Book Sale. You will receive a thank you to be used for your taxes. If you wish to remain anonymous, we will respect your wishes. Otherwise, we take every opportunity possible to thank our sponsors. Contributor categories: Underwriter – $500 or more; Sponsor – $250 to $499; Donor – $50 to $249.
Would you like to be part of the Book Sale?
It takes many volunteers to put on the Book Sale.
- Sorters are needed all year to sort and box donated items for the sale. This work is available weekdays, weekends and evenings for how ever much time a volunteer would like to donate.
- Book Sale set up begins on Thursday before the sale at Ag Hall putting up signs, moving boxes, putting up signs and unloading boxes.
- Many volunteers are needed at the sale to assist customers, restock the tables, assist with the check out process and various other things.
- Volunteers are needed to help clean up when the sale is over. Bring your gloves and come in comfortable clothes and be ready to move items out. Clean up is between 8 a.m.—12 p.m. on the Monday after the annual book sale.
To discuss any of these volunteer opportunities, please contact the library’s Volunteer Coordinator. Find out what “perks” volunteers receive for their help.