MAKIN’ MOVES – Balance Your Life
- Saturday, Dec. 14, 2013 – 9am–12pm
- Marvin Auditorium at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
- A free, fun and family-friendly fitness experience along with a Q & A session with a certified personal trainer and a tour of the library’s Health Information Neighborhood. Wellness is not just about food and exercise. At this wellness conference, learn how to balance your life with intellectual and spiritual growth, healthy eating, and exercise. Make health connections during lectures and an exercise demonstration or two. Partners include Kansas Department of Health and Environment, Arthritis Foundation, and Wellness Information Network, LLC.
All registered participants will receive a pedometer, workbook, back pack and tee-shirt.
Chris Omni is leading this upcoming event:
Chris, what can participants expect to get out of this event?
Participants will be introduced to new and innovative ways to look at and pursue wellness. The MAKIN’ MOVES Wellness Conference will inspire you to stop makin’ excuses about your personal wellness journey and start MAKIN’ MOVES towards optimal well-being.
Should participants dress comfortably for exercise classes? How much movement should we expect?
Participants should be comfortable. At MAKIN’ MOVES we always express the importance of listening to your body and doing what is within your limits.
Do people need to register in advance or can they arrive that morning ready to learn?
Anyone can arrive ready to learn. The doors open at 8:30 for registration.
What are the various partners contributing to the event?
Arthritis Foundation: free pedometers, backpacks and workbooks
Wellness Information Network,LLC: Coordination and exercise demonstration
TSCPL: Providing venue and presentation
Why should people attend? Convince me!
Wellness is multi-dimensional. It is so much more than a number on the scale. People tend to get caught up in the number that they forget the importance of the journey. MAKIN’ MOVES focuses on and celebrates the beauty of the journey. We all have a story. We all have a purpose. We are WEllness.
Just like our motto states, “stop makin excuses and start MAKIN’ MOVES.”
Check out diet and exercise books
Find more nutrition and exercise information in the Health Information Neighborhood at the library or request online at http://catalog.tscpl.org
- The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin by Bob Harper (2012)
- Jillian Michaels: Body Revolution: Innovative System of 15 Life-changing DVD Workouts, Sequenced from Week to Week and Month to Month (2012)
- Body by You: The You Are Your own Gym Guide to Total Fitness for Women by Mark Lauren (2013)
- AARP New American Diet: Lose Weight, Live Longer by John Whyte (2013)
- American Heart Association Quick and Easy Cookbook: More than 200 Healthy Recipes You Can Make in Minutes (2012)