Increase your phyical activity and learn to eat better with this free opportunity from Wellness Information Network (WIN), LLC to help you achieve optimal well-being through an innovative, multi-tiered community-wide initiative called MAKIN’ MOVES.
Get started with Makin’ Moves
- 1-2:30pm, Saturday, January 12, 2013
- Marvin Auditorium 101AB
- Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
- Stop making excuses and increase your physical fitness activities. Receive exercise training and advice, and maximize what the library and community have to offer you. Wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. Presented by Chris Omni, certified personal trainer, Wellness Information Network, LLC.
Continue Makin’ Moves
A community-based partnership continues MAKIN’ MOVES and will include an evidenced based, planned and progressive, six-week community walk at Fairlawn Plaza Mall starting Saturday, January 19th from 9 – 10am.
A four-week healthy eating and cooking class in conjunction with K-State Research and Extension – Shawnee County will be offered starting February 20th.
Contact Chris Omni to learn more about Makin Moves
Check out diet and exercise books
Find more nutrition and exercise information in the Health Information Neighborhood at the library or request online at http://catalog.tscpl.org
- The skinny rules: the simple, nonnegotiable principles for getting to thin by Bob Harper (2012)
- Jillian Michaels: body revolution: Innovative system of 15 life-changing DVD workouts, sequenced from week to week and month to month (2012)
- Body by you: the you are your own gym guide to total fitness for women by Mark Lauren (2013)
- AARP new American diet: lose weight, live longer by John Whyte (2013)
- American Heart Association Quick and easy cookbook: more than 200 healthy recipes you can make in minutes (2012)