The recipe assistants have been hard at work this week finding recipes. We got a request earlier in the week for potato flake recipes. So, here are some recipes that we found.
The first one is from a small Pillsbury cookbook called Great Fast Meals.
Garden Patch Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups Hungry Jack Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, catsup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Add vegetables; mix lightly. Pat mixture into 9 or 10-inch pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until center is thoroughly cooked; drain.
In medium saucepan, heat water and margarine or butter to a rolling boil; remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes, milk, cheese and egg; mix well. Add cheese; blend well. Spoon or pipe hot potato mixture on top of cooked meat mixture, covering entire top surface. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Return to oven an continue baking at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
The next recipe is from Taste of Home at http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Potato-Flake-Chicken
Potato Flake Chicken Recipe
- 2/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt. Dip chicken in butter, then coat with potato flake mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
The last recipe is a fish recipe and it is at http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=42067&origin=detail&servings=5
Potato Salmon Patties
1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup garlic and herb seasoned dry
1/4 cup dry potato flakes
1 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
|In a medium bowl, mix salmon, eggs, garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs, dry potato flakes, onion, garlic, dill weed, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 2 inch balls, and flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick.|
|Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. In batches, cook patties about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
Most of the ingredients for all of these recipes are readily available at your grocery store. The recipes are easy and quick to prepare, too. If you are looking for more easy recipes for you and your family, be sure and check out the cooking neighborhood at the library. And as always, let the recipe assistants assist you in finding your recipes. Happy Cooking!!