Financial GPS – a Guide to Planning and Security - is a series of one-hour seminars presented at the Library monthly, beginning September 10th. In this series we present practical, down-to-earth information about the financial matters that affect your daily lives and the times of your life when you are in transition. The Library has partnered with local organizations in presenting this series and in providing qualified professionals to conduct the seminars. The partner organizations are the Community Resources Council, Housing and Credit Council Inc., Westar Energy, CoreFirst Bank & Trust, City of Topeka Weed & Seed, Kansas Gas Service, , Topeka Landlord Association, and of course, the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library.
Our first seminar is Take Charge of Your Credit, Wednesday, September 10, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101A.
Credit companies keep score, tracking your spending and payment habits throughout your life. Sometimes their records are wrong. These records are consulted whenever you try to borrow money. Do you know where you stand? Find out how to obtain your credit score, manage your credit, correct errors, and avoid unexpected hurdles.
All seminars are on Wednesday evenings. Future topics are:
- Save Money on Your Utility Bills October 1, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101B
- Have a Debt-Free Holiday November 5, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Lingo Story Room 121
- Your First Move: Rent or Buy the House? December 3, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101A
- Options for Paying and Filing Taxes January 7, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101A
- Rent Your First Apartment February 4, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Lingo Story Room 121
- Wish I’d Known That Before Entering the Real World March 4, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101A
- Buy the Car, Lease the Car, or Junk the Car April 1, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101A
- Back-To-School Solutions for Older Students May 6, 7-8:45 pm, in the Library’s Marvin Auditorium 101A
Check back to this blog page for details of upcoming seminars. We hope to see you!