Roughing It by Mark Twain (1872) is a semi-autobiographical account of his six years traveling in the West, including Nevada and San Francisco. Twain’s satiric humor and imagination freely inspire his memory of these adventures.
Discuss at the library on Monday, February 11, 2013, 1:30–3:00 pm in the Marvin Auditorium 101C.
“In other days I had considered it a good, a very good, anecdote, but there was a dismal plausibility about it, here, that took all the humor out of it.”
-Chapter IV, Roughing it
Roughing It Book Discussion Resources
- Download the free ebook from Project Guterberg
- Download the free audiobook from Librivox
- Roughing It Discussion questions
- Classics Made Modern Book Discussion Roughing It by Mark Twain presentation – Get more out of your experience with a quick overview including: author bio, historical context, pop culture trivia, memorable characters, the critics’ take, and quotes
- Discuss the book at the Goodreads Classic Made Modern eBooks Discussion or in the comments below.
Classics Made Modern eBook Discussion Group
The Classics Made Modern eBook Discussion encourages participants to read and discuss free ebook editions of classic literature and meet to discuss and enrich their experience.
YES! You can still read the traditional book. Request a book, large print, audiobook or movie version at http://catalog.tscpl.org. Classics are more fun when you read them with friends! Discussions prepared and led by Lissa Staley email@example.com.