Thad Hartman and Lissa Staley host a roundtable discussion with our guests around an engaging and interesting topic — Medical Memoirs — books by doctors, nurses and patients about their experiences in unique or compelling situations
Our guest this episode is the fabulous Julie Nelson, Collection Development Professional. She also authors the library’s popular Lost in the Stacks column.
Books and Authors mentioned
Search for these books and place requests at http://catalog.tscpl.org
- Designated Fat Girl by Jennifer Joyner
- This Won’t Hurt a Bit (and Other White Lies) by Michelle Au
- Monique and the Mango Rains: Two Years with a Midwife in Mali by Kris Holloway
- Breath: A Lifetime in the Rhythm of an Iron Lung by Martha Mason
- Schuyler’s Monster: A Father’s Journey with her Wordless Daughter by Robert Rummel-Hudson
- Alex: the Life of a Child by Frank DeFord
- Nurse by Peggy Anderson
- God’s Hotel by Victoria Sweet
- Memoir of a Debulked Woman by Susan Gubar
Your turn to talk
- Continue the conversation about Medical Memoir books and movies. Why do you like them? What can you recommend? Talk to us here on the blog, or on the library’s Goodreads group at our Medical Memoir discussion.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions for future topics please comment on our blog post or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org