As part of the festivities surrounding the 50th anniversary of the Doctor Who franchise, the Topeka and Shawnee County Library is asking members of the community to help create a Doctor Who inspired spoof entitled, Don’t Blink in the Library! In this episode our favorite Time Lord and his trusty companion must solve a mystery involving statues, library patrons and literature before time runs out for the human race!
Submissions will be mashed-up together into a cohesive episode, complete with opening theme song and credits. This video will debut at the library’s Doctor Who Anniversary Party on November 15 at 6pm!
Learn more about the history of Doctor Who and our upcoming Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Party by listening to the library’s HUSH podcast featuring commentary on our favorite Time Lord, villains and more!
- Submissions must follow the official Don’t Blink in the Library Doctor Who Parody script for content.
- Participants are encouraged to be creative, but for continuity reasons actors portraying The Doctor must wear a trench coat and red bow tie, those portraying the companion Hydrangea must wear a blonde wig and jean jacket, and actors portraying Colin (a librarian) must wear a sweater vest and glasses.
- Filming locations can vary (the library, a city park, your parent’s basement, etc.), just make sure you have permission to do so first.
- Don’t have time to film the entire script? No problem – partial episode submissions are welcome!
- Preferred submission format is MP4.
- Submission deadline is Sunday, Nobvember 3, 2013.
Submissions can be delivered to TSCPL in a variety of ways. Options, in order of preference, include:
- Email the link to the location of the video file on your Drop Box/Google Drive/Sky Drive account to email@example.com.
- Upload your video using the upload form below.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and then send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and contact information in the body of the email message.
- Save your video to a flash drive or memory card and drop it off at the check-out desk at TSCPL. Submissions should be in MP4 format. Flash drives and memory cards will be returned no later than December 1st.
By submitting your video:
- You give TSCPL permission to use the material for public viewing and advertising purposes.
- You confirm that all participants in the submission have given implied release to TSCPL for the use of their image (this includes parental permission for minors).
- You confirm that you have a valid YouTube/Vimeo account if you are using the uploader link. By submitting your clip, you agree to adhere to all policies set forth in YouTube’s/Vimeo’s terms of service and grant TSCPL permission to use your content in the final Don’t Blink in the Library episode and associated publicity. If you are a minor, seek parental permission before submitting a clip.
- You understand that TSCPL staff will edit selected submissions into a cohesive episode for public viewing.
- You understand that submissions containing vulgar or inappropriate content will not be considered for the final project.
- You understand that, due to the unpredictable number of submissions, there is no guarantee that portions of your submission will be included in the final video. However, all submissions will be acknowledged in the closing credits.
- You understand that TSCPL will edit the video however is necessary to best fit the final product.
Questions? Email email@example.com to get more information.
Over 200 participants joined us for the big party. Did you miss it? No worries! Below is the library’s crowd-sourced Doctor Who parody that debuted on November 15, 2013.