In 2011, we received a few inquiries from customers regarding gifts to the Book Group in a Bag service. We are grateful for their support. The library continues to add new selections each year to expand this collection and offer more choices to our community’s book discussion groups. View current Book group in a Bag titles at our online reservation system at http://bgib.tscpl.org.
By compiling customer suggestions, reading book reviews, and choosing popular titles for book discussion, we have developed a Wish List for future Book Group in a Bag titles.
You have the opportunity to help expand this collection by making a gift toward a purchase from our Wish List.
WISH LIST (UPDATED MAY 2012)
- The Art of Fielding: A Novel by Chad Harbach
- Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson
- Columbine by Dave Cullen
- The Death of Sweet Mister by Daniel Woodrell
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- For the Love of Babies by Sue L. Hall, M.D.
- Irresistible Henry House by Lisa Grunwald
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs by a Boy Soldier
- by Ishmael Beah
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Molokai by Alan Brennert
- My Abandonment by Peter Rock
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Orchard: a Memoir by Theresa Weir
- Please Look after Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin
- The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady
- by Elizabeth Stuckey French
- Right of Thirst by Hank Huyler
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- A Rumor of War by Philip Caputo
- Salvage the Bones: A Novel by Jesmyn War
- Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall
- Shine by Lauren Myracle
- Swamplandia by Karen Russell
- The Tiger’s Wife: A Novel by Téa Obreht
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John le Carre
- The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise
- by Julia Stuart
- A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire
- Winter’s Bone by Daniel Woodrell
- Community book groups will have expanded options for reading and discussions.
- Your book group will have the opportunity to place the first reservation on the new title.
- Your gift to The Library Foundation qualifies as a charitable deduction, for which you will receive an official tax receipt acknowledgment letter.
- Your gift will be recognized with book plates in each copy of the books in the bag.
MAKING A GIFT
To make a Book Group in a Bag Wish List gift, contact the Library Foundation at (785) 580-4498, email Gwen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a check to The Library Foundation, 1515 SW 10th Ave, Topeka, KS 66604-1374. Please specify your choice from the Wish List.
- An entire Book Group in a Bag costs $150.
- Individual book titles from the Wish List can be purchased for $15
Print a 1 page Book Group in a Bag Wish List updated May 2012