A Sign-In Sheet will be available to all persons wishing to address the Library Board of Trustees at the monthly meeting. Speakers should sign-in prior to the start of the meeting. Persons needing special accommodation or unable to arrive prior to the start of the meeting may contact the Library’s Administrative Secretary at least 30 minutes before the meeting at 580-4484 and request that their name be entered on the Sign-In Sheet. At the discretion of the Board Chair, persons wishing to speak but unable to arrive prior to the start of the meeting, may be allowed to sign in for the purpose of public comment.
- All questions will be directed to the Chairperson of the Board.
- Individuals, unless otherwise provided by the Chair, will be allowed 5 minutes to address the Board.
- Members of a group will identify a spokesperson who, unless otherwise provided by the Chair, will be allowed 5 minutes to address the Board as the primary
representative. Unless otherwise provided by the Chair, other group members wishing to speak will be given a 3-minute time limit.
- During the course of the Board meeting, comments will not be accepted from the audience.
- The Chair of the Library Board is the designated spokesperson. The Chair will call names from the Sign-In Sheet in the order they are listed. The Chair may
direct questions to or elicit responses from other Board members.
- Speakers will be notified at one-minute remaining in their allotted time.
- When all listed speakers have been heard, the Chair of the Library Board will declare public comment closed and resume the meeting agenda.
Approved: March 19/1998
Board of Trustees
Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
Questions about this policy? We encourage your feedback in person, by telephone at 785-580-4400, or through our Web site.